A whole new day: Quieter, more fuel efficient, more maneuverable. More of the things that make your boating experience exceptional.
At Sabre Yachts our goal has always been to fulfill the dreams and wishes of our boat owners by listening carefully to their requests and blending their ideas into new and exciting designs. We consider our owners and potential owners to be valued members of the Sabre Design Team. The Sabre 40 is the result of our observation that our clients want to enjoy the same levels of personal luxury and comfort that they have come to expect in their homes and in their automobiles. To that end we have developed a new style of sedan, available with or without fly bridge, that permits boaters to operate from the comfort of the yacht’s interior or from the openness of an optional fly bridge. Technology is advancing rapidly and our owners have come to expect that if there is a new technology available, we will employ it in our designs. We have dramatically changed the way we build our yachts and the way in which they are propelled. Traditional values such as fine craftsmanship and great looks remain, as our owners have come to expect, but below the surface things are state-of-the-art.
In our fiberglass shop we have changed infusion molding. It is greener in the sense that it uses considerably less resin and cleaner in that the emissions levels are much lower. It’s lighter because we use less resin and that allows the hull to run faster and use less fuel. Infusion differs from traditional hand lay-up in that all materials are loaded dry into the mold in a stack, the stack is then covered with a plastic bag and resin is infused into the stack. This creates a stronger part with higher glass to resin ratios.
In July of 2008 we launched our first Sabre with Zeus Pod drives and the result of that boat’s sea trials told us that everything has changed and nothing will remain the same. Smaller engines using vectored thrust propel the boat at higher speeds using less fuel. And when maneuvering in tight spaces a joy stick makes child’s play of docking.
2012 MODEL YEAR SPECIFICATION
|Length (overall)||14’-0”||4.27 m|
|Deadrise (at transom)||16º|
|Displacement (approx., dry)||26,000 lbs||11,800 kg|
|Fuel capacity||380 gal||1440 L|
|Water capacity||140 gal||530 L|
|Holding tank capacity||60 gal||225 L|
|Headroom (maximum)||6’-6”||1.98 m|
|Sleeping accommodations||(6) 6’-6”||(6) 1.98 m|
|Air draft (waterline to mast top)||12’-6”||3.81 m|
|Air draft w/o mast||10’ 0”||3.04 m|
Built to CE Category B, NMMA, ABYC and USCG standards
- Modified Deep “V” Planing hull design, with shallow pod drive tunnels.
- 16º deadrise at transom, 23º deadrise amidships.
- ISO NPG white gelcoat w/vinylester back-up resin.
- Bottom, topsides and transom vacuum-infused biaxial E-glass with Airex C70 foam core.
- Stringer system biaxial E-glass with foam core.
- Bulkheads vacuum-bagged biaxial E-glass with polypropylene honeycomb core.
- Molded E-glass swim platform with molded-in anti-skid surface.
- Hull side rubbing strakes.
- PVC rub rail with stainless steel cap.
- Painted (IMRON) double boot top.
- Gold recessed cove stripe.
DECK and HARDTOP
- ISO NPG gelcoat.
- Vacuum-infused biaxial E-glass with balsa core.
- Molded-in anti-skid deck surfaces.
- Stainless steel sliding aft salon door.
- Sliding windows in salon on cabin sides.
- Top hinged windows in salon aft bulkhead.
- Hinged access door to side deck at helm.
- Flush, outward opening, transom door with latch.
- Anchor locker with slam latch.
- Lazarette hatch with gas struts and compression latches.
- Hand rails at each corner on cockpit coaming.
- Large engine room hatch in main salon with compression latch.
- 1 1/4″ Diameter type 316 stainless steel perimeter rail system.
- (6) 12” Stainless steel cleats (2 fwd, 4 mid ship, 2 in aft cockpit).
- (1) 10” Stainless steel cleat to starboard of windlass as anchor rode tie off.
- (2) Custom cast stainless steel mid-rail line chocks.
- (2) Custom cast stainless steel skene chocks forward.
- (4) Cast stainless steel hawse pipes in transom and hull sides.
- Fiberglass bow pulpit with dual anchor roller for 35# CQR or Delta anchor and “lunch hook”.
- Anchor windlass, electric rope-chain type.
- Flag staff and socket on taffrail.
- Burgee staff on bow pulpit.
- (3) Lewmar Low Profile polished aluminum hatches w/screens.
- (6) Custom stainless steel opening port lights.
- Teak toe rails.
- Teak cabin side eye-brow.
- Custom cast stainless steel “SABRE” medallion.
- (1) 120V outlet in each cabin and (1) in engine room.
- All galley and head receptacles are GFI protected.
- Additional outlets positioned in locations appropriate for entertainment systems in main and forward cabin
- 50amp, 3-bank battery charger
- Reverse cycle heat/ air conditioning in (3) zones.
- Spacious Island Berth layout with 5″ cushion. ¾” laminated trim.
- Cherry hull ceilings.
- (2) Drawers under berth. A/C return grills under drawers.
- (2) drawers in bureau w/locker w/shelf above and single louvered door.
- Upper enclosed shelves with storage behind. Locker face to have (2) louvered doors.
- Recessed shelf with fiddle on starboard main bulkhead with 19” flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Large cedar lined hanging locker to port, with louvered door, shelf and hangar pole.
- Open shelf above port hanging locker.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Sound deadening soft headliner panels.
- Pocket door to forward stateroom.
- Double berth, 5″ foam cushions, ¾” laminated trim.
- Cherry hull ceilings.
- (4) Drawers under berth, A/C return grille beside.
- Forward bulkhead storage locker, and shelf.
- Night stand with drawers below.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Sound deadening soft headliner panels.
- Pocket doors between lower foyer and second stateroom.
- Optional dinette available in this space.
- Surface mounted LED TV
- Stainless steel under mount oval sink.
- Circular shower stall with seat and locker outboard.
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Electric shower sump pump.
- Storage lockers.
- Solid surface vanity top with bull nose.
- Towel bar.
- Wood trimmed mirror over sink.
- Ventilation blower.
- Mid level galley.
- Solid surface galley counter top.
- Stainless steel under mount sink with Scandvik faucet.
- Vitrifrigo 2-drawer Refrigeration with stainless steel doors.
- Isotherm 1-drawer Freezer with stainless steel door.
- Cummins DTS single lever electronic controls.
- One Cummins Smart Craft display (engine data, tank levels, vessel data, alarms).
- Triple windshield wipers with washers.
- Ritchie Compass.
- Switch controls for horn, running lights, anchor light, engine room blower and optional equipment.
- Stazo 400mm custom teak steering wheel with tilt helm and Sabre logo.
- (2) Stidd N-series single helm seats w/Ultraleather fabric.
- Twin Cummins QSB 5.9l 380hp electronic, fresh water-cooled engines.
- Twin CMD Zeus 3500 pod drives, with integrated steering and trim tabs.
- 120A, 12V alternators each engine.
- (2) Exhaust by-pass mufflers.
- Engine room blower.
- Engine room vent ducts.
- Engine room floor with FRP anti-skid.
- White gelcoated engine room
- Mylar face foam noise barrier.
- (2) 190 gal diesel fuel tanks port and starboard.
- Racor fuel filters with water in fuel probes.
- (2) 2” “Diesel” deck fill plates.
STEERING and TRIM SYSTEMS
- CMD helm, with joystick.
- Trim tabs integrated in CMD Zeus pod drives.
- Autopilot integrated in CMD Zeus system.
- GPS receiver included.
- “Skyhook” GPS position hold system.
12VDC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Two AGM Group 31 dedicated engine start batteries.
- Two AGM 4D deep cycle ship’s service batteries.
- One AGM Group 24 generator start battery.
- Remote control battery switches with controls at helm.
- Manual emergency battery crossover switch.
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution on bulkhead opposite galley
- Digital battery monitor.
- Lighting:Danish cabin reading lights.High output LED lights in the overhead.Halogen bar lighting in appropriate locations.
Fluorescent engine room lighting.
Cockpit courtesy lights.
- Marine-grade, tinned wire throughout.
120VAC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Onan 9.0 kw generator including:Interface to Cummins Vessel View displayDedicated start battery.Water lift muffler.
Cooling water intake strainer.
- (2) 30A AC shore power inlets and (2) 50 ft. cords.
- Fail safe galvanic isolator.
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution panel.
- Digital AC system monitor
- Two burner touch control electric cook top.
- Convection microwave with stainless steel door above aft counter.
- Cabinet with two louvered doors on forward bulkhead.
- Drawers and storage lockers below counter.
- Built-in waste basket.
- Large drawer under microwave opens athwartships
- “L” settee to port, 5” foam cushions, with storage and Sabre tool drawer under. Sunbrella fabric seat coverings
- High Gloss finished folding table with hi-low pedestal, lowers to coffee table height.
- End table to starboard with 24” flat screen LED TV on lift with DVD player (installed at dash)
- Bottle storage locker below helm seats
- Sound deadening, soft headliner panels.
- Settee to starboard with drop down storage under
- Varnished cherry interior finish.
- Screens on all opening ports.
- Ocean Air screen/blinds on deck hatches.
- Ocean Air blinds on side windows and side door (not windshield)
- Optional fabric and drapery selections.
- Dovetailed maple drawer boxes
FRESH WATER SYSTEM
- Water capacity 140 gals.
- Stainless steel, 11 gal. hot water heater, operates on 110-VAC or engine heat.
- Temperature control valve on hot water supply.
- Hot and cold water pressure system 12V.
- Fresh water spigot in engine room.
- Optional Cockpit shower, hot and cold.
- Optional Fresh water wash down in anchor locker.
- Polyethylene holding tank with 60 gallon capacity.
- Jabsco Quiet Flush fresh water MSD.
- Diaphragm waste pump on holding tank.
- Fire extinguishers, (4) at 2 1/2 lbs.
- Marelon sea valves on all thru-hull fittings below waterline.
- Bonding system to safeguard against galvanic corrosion.
- Automatic fire extinguishing discharge system in engine space with override.
- (3) Automatic 12V electric bilge pumps.
- (3) high water switches and alarm.
SABRE 40 SEDAN SPECIFICATIONS
SABRE 40 Sedan without bridge
2011 MODEL YEAR OPTIONS Price list #410SL40
|EXTERIOR AND DECK||Option||REV|
|Electric sunroof with sunscreen in lieu of standard two (2) pilot hatches||BX0080|
|FRP molded electronics mast for hardtop||BX0059|
|Teak deck on FRP swim platform||BX0057|
|Teak decking in aft cockpit including steps||BX0055|
|Fiberglass cabinet in starboard side of cockpit includes electric grille with hinged top and icemaker||BX0041|
|50 Amp shorepower service with power cord reel in lieu of dual 30A||BE0021|
|Additional 12 volt DC outlet (each) (One standard at helm) Specify location||BE0001|
|Additional dimmer switches (ea) Specify locations. Salon is standard.||BE0024|
|Clarion CD/FM/AM/MP3 satelite-ready stereo with four speakers and remote cont||BE0003|
|Prewire for stereo and four speakers||BE0004|
|Inverter/charger 2800 watt true sine wave with remote control||BE0016|
|Underwater LED light package (3) at transom. Order white, blue or green||BE0038|
|Stainless steel single drawer refrigerator on flybridge||BE0027|
|Light hull & deck colors other than Sport Yacht White and Sabre White||BX0003|
|Dark hull colors||BX0002|
|Anti-skid color (fore & side decks, coach roof, aft cockpit, and recessed area of swim platform)||BX0019|
|Optional dinette in second cabin converts to double berth||BI0012|
|Accord Shades on all opening ports||BI0005|
|Ultrasuede upholstery main salon only including chair||BI0016|
|Ultraleather upholstery main salon only including chair||BI0049|
|Additional Vesselview display for Cummins engine||BE0063|
|Volvo IPS-500 (370 hp) with manual trim tabs, DPS (position hold) not incl.||BM0708|
|Fuel polishing system||BM0075|
|Reverso oil change system||BM0006|
|Kahlenberg dual chrome horns||BE0020|
|Kahlenberg triple chrome horns||BE0022|
|Searchlight mounted on optional hardtop mast (single beam light)||BE0008|
|Searchlight mounted on opt. flybridge (incl. FRP platform & dual beam light)||BE0009|
|Hot and cold transom shower||BM0016|
|Salt water wash down system fore and aft||BM0017|
|Fresh water wash down forward||BM0032|
|Splendide WD2100XC washer/dryer installed in engine room||BM0040|
|Shore water inlet||BM0043|
|Single Seagull water purifier on galley cold water||BM0034|
|Single Seagull water purifier on ice maker||BM0034|
ALL PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE AND ARE NOT CONTRACTURAL.
Standard yacht has a sport yacht white hull and deck with cherry interior. See model specifications and equipment list for complete details. F.O.B. South Casco, Maine. Special option requests must be received seven weeks prior to molding of the hull, to assure availability. Sabre does not guaranty the durability of dark gelcoats. Hulls built with dark colors will fade more quickly than light colors, will show mold imperfections and scratches and can cause the laminate to post cure, causing a cosmetic distortion of the surface. These deformations are not structural in nature and therefore are not covered by the Sabre Limited Warranty
Note: All colors shown as accurately as possible. Dark colors available with the understanding that they require extra maintenance, show minor mold imperfections, scratches, and will fade much more rapidly than lighter colors. Our limited warranty does not cover these conditions.
Sabre 40 Sedan Magazine Reviews
- “Sabre 40″ BoatPoint Australia
by Ian Macrae
- “On Board – Sabre 40″ — Yachting Magazine, November 2009
by George Sass, Jr. (PDF)
- “Creature Comforts ” — Southern Boating, March 2010
by Marilyn Mower (PDF)
- “View from the Top ” — Motorboating, July/August 2010
by Peter A. Janssen (PDF)
- Born a Classic – Canadian Motorboating April 2011
by Andy Adams