Sabre Yachts Design Team presented the Sabre 42 Hard Top Express to the boating public at the Miami International Boat Show in February 2003. From that time forward she has been one of the most sought after Sabre motor yachts.
Her helm deck is a careful study in ergonomics, surrounded by large opening windows and overhead hatches for maximum ventilation and light. Views for the helmsman and crew are virtually unobstructed. The Stidd helm and mate’s chairs, covered in Ultraleather upholstery, provide a degree of comfort rarely found in competitors yachts. To add to cruising comfort, our engineers have reduced noise and vibration levels with a careful study of engine room ventilation and insulation.
Wide side decks with large diameter stainless steel hand rails, custom stainless steel portlights, line chocks and air intakes, a standard rope chain windlass and highly polished aluminum hatches all add to the beauty and functionality of her deck. A double anchor roller makes anchoring work a breeze.
An optional hard back enclosure closes off the helm deck from the cockpit with the addition of two elegant curved windows in the corners, a sliding window to port and an aluminum entry door.
Below decks her hand-crafted cherry interior adds to the sense of luxury, evident throughout. The master stateroom berth is low and wide, making it both comfortable and easy to access. The head with stall shower has private access from the stateroom and from the salon.
The main salon is configured with a long L-shaped settee and a custom, maple-inlaid salon table. The guest stateroom to starboard is equipped with a pull out double berth, many drawers and lockers.
Her galley is equipped with an electric cook top, convection microwave oven and offers ample storage for extended voyages.
SABRE 42 HARD TOP EXPRESS SPECIFICATIONS
- Length (overall) 42’-3” 12.88 m
- Beam (overall) 14’-4” 4.34 m
- Draft 3’-9” 1.15m
- Deadrise (at transom) 16o
- Displacement (approx., dry) 29,000 lbs
- Fuel capacity 450 gal 1688 L
- Water capacity 160 gal 593L
- Holding tank capacity 60 gal 225 L
Our boats are highly regarded by the boating press. Click on the links below to read the reviews and see for yourself.
- Video of Sabre 42 with Zeus drives
- “Blue Fairway – Sabre’s elegant 42 Hard Top Expressis the perfect vehicle for a Carolina golf cruise” – Yachting Magazine, June 2007 (PDF)
- “Sabre 42 Hardtop Express – A Real Evolution Of Styling, Appointments and Performance” — Yachting, May 2003 by George Sass Jr. (PDF)
- See the BoatTEST.com review of the Sabre 42 Express in a new window
(Please Note: At this time the video boat tour will only play if you have Windows Media Player 9.0 or newer running on a PC with Windows 98 version 2, Windows XP or Windows 2000 installed.)
Need the free Adobe PDF Reader? Download it here.