Petzold’s is a family-run business started in 1945 by Bill and Agnes Petzold. At the outset, Petzold’s sold outboard motors and built small rowboats. In 1959, the business had grown to selling inboard cruisers up to 31 feet long.
That same year, the company moved to its current location on the grounds of the former Gildersleeve Shipyard.
The seven-acre site features inside and outside storage for more than 300 boats up to 70 feet long. Boats are hauled by one of the three lifts: a 15-ton, a 35-ton and a new 55-ton lift. Heated service bays keep mechanical, fiberglass and canvas work moving along uninterrupted through the winter months.
Petzold’s heated New Boat Showroom is one of the largest in New England. Many of the newest models are on display in our comfortable showroom.
Petzold’s large well-stocked shipstore has supplies, hardware and gifts at prices competitive with those offered by mail-order catalogs. Parts for engines and generators are also available from Mercruiser, OMC, Crusader, Kohler, Onan, Volvo and Marine Power.