Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH-DTBE
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 77hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze, Feathering
- Year: 1989
- Engine Hours: 6000
48 Calf Pasture Beach Road
East Norwalk, Connecticut, US, 06855
Beginning forward is the Guest Stateroom with a queen centerline berth. The berth is flanked by teak steps, and storage outboard along the teak. To starboard is a hanging locker and drawers, and a bench seat is to port. Light and ventilation are provided by the overhead hatch and three opening ports. The en-suite fresh water electric head and separate stall shower is to port.
Aft is the spacious and elegant Main Cabin. To port are two club chairs, recovered in 2015, sharing a teak table. Opposite is the U-shaped settee and hi-lo cocktail table, which converts to a large dining table with the easy addition of two leaves, stored in a dedicated locker near the Nav station. The flat screen TV is hinged to the aft outboard locker in the salon, stowing within when underway. Port lights are amidships on both sides, along with two overhead hatches.
Aft of the club chairs along the starboard side is the generous Galley. At the forward end is a beautiful teak cabinet with curved double doors providing for enormous custom china and galley storage Aft is the stove and oven, and at the aft end of the galley, along the bulkhead, is the large refrigerator and separate freezer. Along the inboard side, to starboard of the companionway stairs, is the stainless steel double sink and additional storage.
Under the companionway stairs and running aft, is the Engine Compartment with access on three sides.
Outboard along the port side, and aft of the settee, is the Navigation Station with the ship's breaker panel, sailing instrument repeaters, VHF radio/hailer, gimbaled compass, and two GPS screens. Opposite is a wet hanging locker for up to 4 sets of foul weather gear, as well as access to the engine room.
The port entrance to the Master Stateroom is aft of the nav station. The cabin is spacious, and easily accommodates the queen centerline berth and en-suite fresh water electric head and stall shower. On the forward bulkhead is a large mirror, vanity and swing-out seat. Bench seats are located to each side of the berth. There are hanging lockers and drawers for generous storage. The aft cabin has six opening coachroof and hull ports, and a large deck hatch and two fixed ports. Jade has abundant storage throughout all of her cabins, as expected for a semi custom cruising sailboat of her type.
Throughout Jade all bulkheads and furniture are teak. The teak is in impeccable condition, and the sole is protected throughout by small elegant rugs. Reverse cycle air conditioning and heat keep the dog days of August at bay.
- 110V and 12V refrigeration, Grunert/Seafrost Separate freezer and refrigerator thermostats and holding plates in well insulated refrigerator top loading boxes - refrigerator also has side door access,
- Force Ten propane stove with twin tank deck storage
- Exceptional storage throughout
- Double stainless steel sink
- 12V fan
- Twin 30 amp 120 circuits with recent galvanic isolator in stern lazarette
- 8 KW Onan generator with 1,400 hrs
- Three 8-D house batteries (2013)
- Start battery (2012)
- Balmar smart regulator and alternator
- 100 amp smart 120V battery charger
- 2500 watt inverter
- Xantrex battery monitor
- Two MarineAir reverse cycle air conditioners. Larger unit for guest cabin and main salon, second unit for master stateroom.
- Two electric fresh water heads, converted to fresh water in '09.
- Ceiling lights are all LED; other lights remain as majority halogen
- Bow thruster
- Electric heads
- Navigation lights
- 12V fans in each cabin, and three in the main cabin
- 110 outlets throughout the boat
- Maxwell Windlass
- Yanmar 4jH-DTBE, 4 cylinder diesel, 77HP with approximately 6000 hrs
- Major service 2016 included: new turbo, new oil cooler, new oil sender, and new thermostat. In 2012: new injectors, new solenoid, new belts, and replaced starter relay.
- Yanmar Racor filter moved to easy access.
- Engine soundproofing improved
- Onan 8KW generator with approximately 1400 hrs. New heat exchanger and water pump in 2012.
- Max prop feathering propeller, line cutter on shaft, and line deflectors mounted to strut
- Bow thruster
- 10 gal hot water heater
- Dripless stuffing box
- Keel stepped aluminum mast
- Forespar in-mast furling
- Rig updated with Forespar in approximately 2003, removed and reconditioned, and updated to pass under 65' ICW bridges. New stays with Stalock lowers.
- Profurl staysail furler (2003)
- Profurl genoa furler (Rebuilt 2003)
- Three Lewmar winches on mast
- Rigid boom vang, adjustable from the cockpit (Rebuilt 2003)
- Two large custom Anderson winches replaced standard cockpit winches (2002)
- Three Lewmar winches in the cockpit
- Tricolor light on the masthead
- Lightning dissipator on the masthead
- Rigged for short handed sailing. All sails and furling handled from cockpit.
- Harken oversized traveler and blocks on aft boom main sheeting; continuous line traveler adjustment through custom winch with removable seat mounted above.
- Harken clew block car on boom
- Spinnaker track and pole mounted on mast
- Spinnaker halyard, sized to allow use of windlass for mast inspection
- Hydraulic backstay adjustor
- Aft boom sheeting, clutches on mast and cockpit sides for easy line handling
- Main sail: Dacron Z sail (recent and very lightly used)
- Genoa: Mack sail (120%), furling, approximately 10 years old, very good condition
- Staysail: Z sail (recent and very lightly used), furling
- Center cockpit
- S/S double anchor roller
- Double life lines replaced (2007)
- Side and aft boarding gates
- S/S stanchions through bolted to deck
- Double S/S stern rails
- 60 lb CQR on oversized stainless swivel and 250' of chain
- Lewmar Bruce secondary anchor with approximately 175' of chain+
- Large Maxwell windlass, power up, freewheel down. Motor rebuilt approximately 10 years ago.
- Foredeck anchor saltwater wash down
- Switlik Offshore 6 person life raft. (Service out of date)
- Life Sling
- Inflatable MOB modules side rails
- Davits mounted on stern
- 15HP 4 stroke Honda dinghy motor lift on stern starboard side
- TracVision TV5HD sat TV installed on stern post
- Swim ladder
- Dodger (2012)
- Bimini (new 2014)
- Canvas covers for deck hatches, dorades, windlass, large cabin side fixed ports, and aft fixed ports
- Varnished Edson steering wheel
- Scheel keel draft: 5'8"
- White hull with dark green boot stripe
- Black bottom paint
- Teak decks: In 2015 stern teak caulking removed and replaced; foredeck center triangle of teak replaced. Screws and bungs replaced as necessary, and other recaulking as required.
- Bottom stripped (2012), dried and barrier coated with Pettit barrier coat, hull fared, covered with Pettit hydrocoat ablative bottom paint
- Trimble GPS as backup and interfaces to sailing instruments
- Garmin black and white GPS plotter, used as anchor watch backup
- Garmin color chartplotter/depth sounder. Used as primary depth sounder, with dedicated transducer forward. Interfaced to autopilot.
- Simrad radar display in cockpit; antenna on mast
- Robertson Simrad autopilot with AP16 display/control mounted on deck. Additional remotes at helm and companionway. Companionway remote functions as electronic tiller in "follow up" mode.
- Simrad sailing instruments: Two displays at nav station, three on deck, including wind angle. Numerous spares for the system.
- Standard Horizon VHF/hailer with remote mic on binnacle
- Wilson GSM cell signal booster and backstay mounted external cell antenna
- Nav Station: Single sideband radio and weather fax
- TracVision TV5 HD sat TV (2016)
- Dish DVR receiver
- Samsung HD TV mounted on swivel arm inside port side locker
- All TV systems wired for 110V or 12V use
- Kenwood stereo system with cabin and cockpit speakers, sat radio antenna and receiver
- 2015 Walker Bay 10' rigid dinghy
- 15HP 4 stroke Honda outboard
- Full boat awning for cockpit shade
- Coast Guard safety kit, including PFDs, throwable cushion, fenders, lines, fire extinguishers, flares, bell, horn, medical emergency kit
- Bow to stern jacklines
- Bulkhead mounted half-hull
- Brass clock and barometer
- Brass pineapple lamp
- Gimbaled brass oil lamp
- Full set of china
- Wine glasses and drinking glasses
- Pots and pans
- Serving dishes
- Kitchen utensils
- Grill, lightly used
- Single serve coffee maker
- Fitted mattress pads and sheets for forward cabin
- Bedding including shams and blanket for aft cabin
- Oriental carpets
- Shoe baskets
- Decorative pillows
- Cockpit cushions
- Custom made spring mattress in aft cabin
- Fans in every cabin except forward head
- Bedding, pillows and shams for aft cabin
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Please call Diana McCabe for more information and boarding instructions: 203-247-7808